background

Friday, September 2, 2011

Cam the Teacher

So as many people may know, I am a first year teacher at University Schools in Greeley. I am teaching 5th grade part-time. This is the school where I student taught last spring.
As you may notice the author of this post says "Mrs. Heidbrink". The reason for this is that I also use this same gmail account for my classroom blog and don't want my students knowing my first name.
Anyways, back to teaching. I have a class of 26 students, 8 are new to the school. I teach Tuesday thru Friday in the afternoon and then all day every other Monday. I teach Math, Science, and Social Studies. My class has lots of personalities and are really fun.
University Schools is a K-12 Charter School. The school was orginally  UNC's labratory school and then got their charter. It was the first school in Colorado to have a Kindergarten program. The school is very advanced in technology and teaching methods.
It's been a busy first few weeks. Lots of fun times and stressful times. I'll share some of those stories next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment