background

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

December 2012

December is always a special time of year for us. Not only is it Christmas, but also our Wedding Anniversary.  Josh and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary on the 18th. That night, we went out to PF Chang's to celebrate. I cannot believe it has been 2 YEARS since we got married.



We also had a great Christmas with both of our families.  Even though we were gone on Christmas Eve and Day we still put up our own real tree.



On the 20th, we went down to my parents house to celebrate with them. I drove down that morning and Josh came down after work.  First, we made an awesome gingerbread train!!


(Yes, that is "coal" in the back of the train =])

Then, we had a delicious dinner of polenta and meat sauce.  After that, it was time for PRESENTS!! We got a lot of great gifts and my family seemed to enjoy the gifts from us too!

The next morning, I went to lunch downtown and to see the Nutcracker Ballet with my mom and sister.  We have been going every year for as long as I can remember (even when I was in a cast up to my thigh).  

The next day Bobby and Lindsay arrived and Scott had arrived the previous Friday.  The trip started out with "THE END OF THE WORLD" (NOT)!! The next week we spent watching movies, going swimming, and playing games.  Our favorite game was PARTY POOPER.  If you have never played this game, you should really check it out.  It is especially fun with a big group and/or family.

On Christmas morning, we were all up at 5:40 am to open presents.  You should have seen how many presents there were.  It basically filled up my in-law's whole front room!  Tons of great gifts and lots of fun family time.  For dinner, we had ham, turkey, cranberry sauce, green beans, mashed potatoes, apple pie, and pumpkin pie. YUM!!  Everyone left the Sunday after Christmas.

Also that Sunday, Josh and I got new callings (assignments at Church)!!! I am Den Mother/Leader for the Bears in Cub Scouts (9 year old  and Josh is Pack Leader for the Cub Scouts (over all Cub Scouts and leaders)!! We are both very excited.  Not 100% sure what to expect, but excited.

For New Year's Eve, Josh and I had a lazy night at our house.  We made Panini sandwiches for dinner and of course watched The Ball Drop at midnight.  Today, JOSH DIDN'T HAVE TO WORK!! So we slept in, went out to lunch, and then saw Parental Guidance.  O MY GOODNESS!! THAT MOVIE WAS SO HILARIOUS! 





It has been a wonderful year. Lots of ups and downs in 2012.  We are so excited for what 2013 has to bring! We wish you all a Safe and Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. Your little train is SO cute! I love it! What an awesome alternative to a ginger bread house. Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!! So glad we are friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun Christmas :) I think you two will like Cub Scouts! The boys are so cute! I love going to Pack meeting every month. You will both be such fun leaders :) Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete